Vivek Pai, MBA '11
Vivek Pai, MBA 11

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Welcome, Vivek Pai

Thanks, I'm originally from Bangalore, India but have spent the last eight years in New Jersey first studying and subsequently working. I call both Bangalore and New Jersey home and am proud of both these places! I completed my undergraduate degree at Manipal Institute of Technology and then received my Masters in Chemical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ. My work experience is mostly in business development focused on the pharmaceutical industry - I worked at South Plainfield, NJ based Radiant Systems for five years - culminating in the role of Practice Manager for their Pharmaceutical Division. Like many of my first year MBA classmates, I'm here at the Johnson School to find myself, my passions and in the process pursue a new career while making lifelong friends! My first month at the Johnson School has been amazing and incredibly busy. I look forward to my time in Ithaca which is one of the most beautiful places I've been to - I feel lucky to call Ithaca home for the next two years. Writing a blog should prove therapeutic for me - and I hope my blog helps prospective students and anyone who wants an insight into the life of a Cornell MBA student.