Vivek Pai, MBA '11
Vivek Pai, MBA 11

Monday, November 23, 2009

Toastmasters!

I believe that public speaking is a key skill for us wannabe MBAs. We're all going to go into jobs in industry or government or whatever, and then one fine day have to stand in front of a crowd of hundreds or maybe even thousands of people and give a speech! And that's not a good time to be nervous!

Public speaking is an art that can be perfected with practice. I was recently elected President of the Toastmasters club here at the Johnson School. I'm not a great public speaker but I seem to get better every time. My friend Vidya was also elected to the board . We have big plans for the club and we are going to accomplish a lot in the next year. We all have a great orator within us. We all need to leave the Johnson School with excellent public speaking skills. Toastmasters is going to help us get there!